Here's a quick and easy recipe for those busy weeknights. When I came up with this, I didn't have any Parmesan on hand. Everyone at my house seemed to like it well enough without the Parmesan. However, I think cheese would made it even better.
1 T Olive Oil
1 Onion (chopped fine)
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 Box Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 Can Cream of Onion Soup
1 C milk
2-3 Cloves Garlic (optional)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- While onions are cooking, thaw chopped spinach in microwave. If you don't like the texture of spinach or are trying to "hide" veggies in your kids food, cook the spinach in the microwave, then process the spinach, sauteed onions, and milk in the blender until absolutely smooth while browning turkey in the pan, then proceed to step 5.
- Add turkey and brown.
- Add thawed spinach and cook til most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Stir in cream of onion soup.
- Add milk (or milk, spinach, onion mixture). Stir well and cook until heated through.
- Add Fresh grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta (bowties or penne are good), and top with Parmesan cheese.
This also makes a nice hot dip for bread or chips with or without the turkey.
Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Hate it? Have a suggestion to make it better?
If so leave me a message in the comments section and I'll share it here.